the service is one of the main production subdivisions of RSE “Kazhydromet”, which is timely and qualitative provision of state bodies of the population and branches of economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan custodial, operational and predictive hydrological information on water objects of the country.
Hydrological monitoring is carried out on 352 hydrological stations:
1. 306 river posts;
2. 36 lake posts;
3. 10 marine stations and posts.
Daily 2 times a day are monitoring water level, water temperature, air temperature. Every ten days measured flow of water (during flood/flood quickened).
In autumn, winter, spring ongoing monitoring of ice conditions in the winter made observations of ice thickness and snow depth on ice.
the hydrological service of the Department of hydrology, which is headed by a Director.
In the Department of hydrology included:
- management of the hydrological monitoring;
- Management of hydrological forecasts;
- the Administration of state water cadastre and hydrological studies.
Manage hydrological monitoring provides the methodological guidance of the regional branches on the issues of management of hydrological monitoring and operational issues to ensure quality execution of the work plans of the hydrological network in accordance with the aims and objectives of RSE “Kazhydromet”.
Management of hydrological forecasts conduct operational evaluation of the actual state, develop and predict the various elements of the hydrological regime of water bodies of Kazakhstan.
currently, this division issued the following types of predictions:
the timing of the freezing and opening of rivers;
- the volume of spring flood (pre-basic);
- week of hydrological forecasts in the period of spring flood;
- the flow of water in the reservoir for the month, quarter, year;
the rivers discharge over the vegetation period;
- storm warnings about ohss;
- daily hydrological Bulletin.
Management of the state water cadastre and hydrological studies is working on the maintenance of the state water cadastre for surface water section. Performs collection, verification, processing, compilation and analysis of the reliability of data accumulation, storage and dissemination of information, management of a database of surface water monitoring in basins of rivers, lakes, reservoirs and seas. Performs hydrological analyses and calculations, prepare applications for consumers hydrological information requests, preparation of hydrologic data for exchange on cross-border posts and CWR of MAHDI and GGI, according to the programmes of cooperation.
Oguchi performs work on preparation and edition of the reference edition.
1) “Annual data on the regime of surface waters" (daily average monitoring data).
2) “long-term data on the regime of surface waters" (summarizes many years of monitoring data for the entire observation period).
3) “the materials for the evaporation from the water surface" (was monitoring data).