processed In RSE “Kazhydromet” images of earth remote sensing (ERS) satellites and the NASA snow cover area of the territory of Kazakhstan for the period from 12 to 19 March 2020 declined from 51 % to 43 %.
According to the weekly SYNOPTIC forecast in most parts of the country will experience a gradual decrease in daytime and nighttime temperatures, as well as loss of mixed precipitation.
Further snowmelt, the weakening of ice phenomena and rises of water levels on the rivers plains and mountain territories of Kazakhstan.
During the period from 12 to 19 March this year, the volume of moisture reserves decreased:
- by 25-45% in the basins of Karaganda region.
- by 15-45 % in the basins of Akmola region.
- 15% in the basins of the North Kazakhstan region.
on 45-95 % in the basins of Kostanay and Aktobe regions.
In the basins of the Western Kazakhstan region, the snow cover is gone completely.
According to the images of remote sensing of the snow cover area of the territories for the period from 12 to 19 March:
* Zhambyl region shorties from 3% to 1 %;
* Turkestan region decreased from 4% to 3 %;
* Almaty region fell from 25 % to 20 %;
* East Kazakhstan region decreased from 94 % to 84 %.